Gluten Free Teff Brownies
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao), coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cold large eggs
- ½ cup teff flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325°F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch-square baking pan with parchment paper or foil coated with cooking spray, allowing it to slightly overhang opposite edges.
- Bring 1 inch water to a bare simmer in a medium saucepan. Combine chocolate and butter in a metal bowl large enough to rest in the pan without touching the water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove bowl from heat. Add sugar and salt and stir until combined. Let cool until barely lukewarm, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking briskly after each. Add flour and whisk briskly for 30 seconds to thicken the batter. Stir in nuts. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, about 1½ hours. Lift the overhanging ends of paper or foil to remove from the pan. Cut into 16 brownies.