Grilled Liver Kebabs
- 4 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound lamb livers or chicken livers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 4 whole-wheat lavash, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Toast cumin seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool, then grind with a mortar and pestle or in a clean dry spice grinder.
- Mix the ground cumin with oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add livers and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Thread the livers onto 4 metal skewers. Oil the grill rack. Grill the livers, turning once, until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes total.
- Divide the livers and basil among lavash halves. Drizzle with lemon juice and more oil, if desired.