Sweet Potato Pad Thai
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil plus ¼ cup, divided
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 12-ounce packages sweet potato “noodles” (11 cups), long strands cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- Combine vinegar, fish sauce, honey and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl. Place near the stove.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat until hot. Swirl in 1 teaspoon oil. Add eggs and cook, without stirring, until set on the bottom, 30 to 45 seconds. Flip over and cook until completely set, about 30 seconds more. Transfer to a cutting board and slice or chop.
- Swirl the remaining ¼ cup oil into the wok (or skillet). Add sweet potato noodles, bell pepper, scallions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add bean sprouts, the reserved sauce and the cooked egg; toss until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve, garnished with peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.